Moment of Inspiration
– easy & fast –
- Moment of Inspiration (MoI 3D) is a very clean 3D CAD Tool (modeller) with which you can create 3D models quickly and easily.
- Thanks to its ease of use, the program can also be used on a (Windows) tablet.
- Thanks to multitouch navigation for zooming, moving and rotating, MoI is now even more table-friendly. (Windows 8 Touchscreen and Mac OSX 10.8/10.7 Trackpad)
- For a 3D modeling program, Moment of Inspiration is intuitive to use and easy to learn. It makes, with a steep learning curve, an incredible workflow possible.
- The easy-to-use menu with short distances offers a high level of operating convenience.
- Numerous import and export interfaces for CAD formats allow the exchange with other CAD systems.
- Moment of Inspiration is very flexible, it is available for Windows and for Mac.
- Really inexpensive
MOI – System-requirments
MoI – Features
3D-modeling easy & fast
Powerful and precise, yet easy to use
MoI’s lean and intuitive user interface combines a smooth workflow with powerful tools. A perfect choice for the creative design of 3D models not only for designers and designers.
MoI is also a fantastic complementary tool for a polygon-based artist since its CAD toolset and advanced boolean functions enable extremely rapid creation of mechanical or man-made type “hard surface” models. The icing on the cake is MoI’s unique polygon mesh export that generates exceptionally clean and crisp N-Gon polygon meshes from CAD NURBS models.
Pen-tablet friendly user interface.
MoI features a unique user interface that integrates particularly well with a pen tablet. Unlike most programs, you don’t have to constantly tap the Shift, Alt, or Control keys, so you don’t have to hover over the keyboard when using MoI. Also right-clicking tends to be awkward with a pen. MoI provides simple left-click methods for view manipulation functions that require right-clicking in other CAD programs.
MoI offers the option, to install it on an USB-Stick. So you can take it with you.
High quality display on inexpensive cards.
MoI displays gorgeous anti-aliased curves even on low-end “gaming” video cards.
Moment of Inspiration piss can be converted to nine different languages. Dutch, English, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal) and Spanish
Wie einfach und schnell MOI arbeitet,sehen Sie auf YouTube im Video
Watch Video on YouTube
MOI – Import/Export CAD Schnittstellen
OpenNURBS 3D Models(*.3dm)
MoI – new in V3
Highlights of new features for version 3
The automatic boolean function during extrusion allows you to change existing objects in no time at all by pushing and pulling.
Flow is a versatile deformation tool which can help with the construction of curved pattern details, by taking objects that were initially modeled as flat 2D patterns and warping them into a curved shape. Being able to initially construct a rigid 2D shape made up of straight pieces can often times be an easier approach than trying to model the final curved shape directly in place.
Twist command for twisting objects around an axis line.
Extrud (to point, tapered)
Two new extrusion variants simplify modeling.
NSided hole filling
Use this tool to close openings with many sides.
Loft function improved
The loft function can now end on a point. So now surfaces can be generated which end in a uniform tip.
Hiding hidden edges
MoI can now create 2D drawings where the hidden edges have been removed when exporting to PDF, AI, or DXF formats. For PDF and AI formats, the function includes a shaded background under the vectors. This improves the use of MoI to create 2D vector illustrations and drawings for printing.
- DXF import/export
- PDF import totally overhauled and much more robust than v2. PDF also added as an export format.
- Multiple CPU cores are now used in the draw engine, typical display speed-up of around 2x to 3x on complex models.
- Add control points to surfaces – Edit > Add pt can now work with surfaces in addition to curves.
DeskProto interface to MOI 3D
MoI 3D is a great partner für DeskProto. We have an interface available that will let you transfer geometry from MoI 3D to DeskProto by a click of a button.
Watch Video on YouTube
Introduction to Moment of Inspiration V2 ( MoI )